Sat, Oct 03|
Human-Animal Interactions: The Role Of Animals With Mental Health Therapy
Session V: Human-Animal Interactions: The Role Of Animals With Mental Health Therapy
Time & Location
Oct 03, 2020, 11:00 AM – 12:00 PM CDT
About the Event
Strive Counseling Services in partnership with the City of Birmingham Mayor's Office, Division of Youth Services and Bradford Health Services will host Session V of the City of Birmingham's Community Mental Health Awareness Initiative 2020 Summer Series.
Session V: "Human-Animal Interactions: The Role of Animals With Mental Health Threapy."
1. Provide a general overview of terminology used in with Animal-Assisted Intervention
2. Describe the different types of assistance animals and context for use
3. Discuss cultural diversity considerations with Human-Animal Interactions (HAI)
4. Discuss the veterinarian’s role in supporting appropriate selection and use of Service Animals (SA), Emotional Support Animals (ESA), and Therapy Animals (TA)
5. Unite all behind the “One World, One Health” philosophy.
Speaker: Dr. Rhesa Houston, Founder of Assitant Animals Consulting
This event is FREE, register today!