Sat, May 22|
Community Mental Health Awareness Initiative Charity Event
Join Strive Counseling for an evening of music & hors d'oeuvres for the inaugural Community Mental Health Awareness Charity Event.
Time & Location
May 22, 2021, 5:00 PM – 9:00 PM CDT
Birmingham, 1920 3rd Ave N, Birmingham, AL 35203, USA
About the Event
You are invited to the Strive Counseling Services Inaugural Community Mental Health Awareness Initiative Charity Event. During this event, community stakeholders, leaders, and mental health professionals will come together to share in a community conversation about mental health. This years' theme is "Each Mind Matters."
- District Attorney Danny Carr - Jefferson County, Birmingham Division
- Corinn O’Brien - Policy & Advocacy Manager, Birmingham Education Foundation
- Rev. Ken Gordon, Ph.D. - Pastor, House of Light Church and Best Selling Author
- Dr. Leesha M. Ellis-Cox, MD, MPH - Child, Adolescent, and Adult Psychiatrist
- Honorable Judge Ruby Davis - 10th Judicial Circuit Court of Alabama
- Special Guest Speaker
A portion of funds raised will be donated to "A Friend of Mind," founded by Dr. Sherily Garner. "A Friend of Mind" develops programs that are culturally tailored to eliminate mental health disparities among adolescents and their families living in underserved communities. She expanded this amazing program to Marengo County, her hometown on September 12, 2020.
We will be raffling pro bono therapy sessions, gift cards, and products donated by mental health providers and local business owners.
A special thanks to the following individuals or organizations for donating items to this event:
- About Face Salon Brooms Auto Detail
- Coretta Collins, MSN, FNP-BC-Founder of The Confessions of Nurse Practitioner and Author
- Dr. Derrick D. Jordan - Pastor, Hope Everlasting Ministries and Author
- Fit Performance Alabama
- Fly V Showroom Store
- Kristen Harris- Chief Executive Office and Founder, Scribe Tribe Publishing Group and Author
- Naughty But Nice Kettle Corn Co.
- Redmont Vodka & Vulcan GinRev. Ken Gordon, Ph.D. - Pastor, House of Light Church and Best Selling Author
- R & B Entertainment
- The Birmingham Times
- The Kirk Effect Hair Studio
A very special thanks to my peers who work to reduce the stigma of mental health. Our community appreciates your support:
- Danna Perdue- Melton, LPC, RPT, IMH-E - Perdue Counseling and Counsulting, LLC
- Fanicy H. Sears, LPC, LMFT, NCC, BC-TMh - Emotion Therapy
- Lynda Price ED.S, LPC, AADC - Healing Transformations
- Tammy Nicole, LPC - A Journey For Change, LLC
- Vivian Smith Carter, LMFT, SAP - Vivian Carter Counseling
Dress Code: Cocktail Attire
- Temperatures will be taken upon entry
- Mask are required to enter event
- Social Distancing is encouraged