Community Mental Health Awareness Initiative
Time & Location
About the Event
This summer, during the months of May through September, the City of Birmingham Mayor's Office, Division of Youth Services, in partnership with Strive Counseling Services will host a kick-off event and resource fair to the launch the City of Birmingham's Community Mental Health Initiative , 2019 Summer Series. This event is free & registration is required.
The series will begin with the kick-off event on Saturday, May 18th at 11:30 a.m. at the Birmingham Downtown Public Library. The event will provide community residents the opportunity to receive general information and resources regarding mental health illness, the different types of signs and symptoms associated and strategies on how to handle various situations.
The event will feature a keynote address from , Mr. Danny Carr, District Attorney, Jefferson County, 10th Judicial Circuit and conclude with a panel discussion featuring:
- Dr. Nadia Richardson, Founder, No More Martyrs
- Dr. Eliza Belle, Licensed Psychologist & Certified Forensic Examiner;
- Mr. Reggie A. Parks, Sr., MS, LPC, NCC, Parker Counseling & Consulting, LLC
- Ms. Veronica Johnson, Sr. Probation Officer, Family Court of Jefferson County
- Mrs. Courtney Nelson, Director of Social Emotional Learning, BCS
Giveaways and Lunch will be provided!